The world’s bestselling advanced-level dictionary for learners of English, in an app!
xford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th edition builds English vocabulary better than ever before and leads the way to more confident, successful communication in English.
This free download includes 100 sample entries from the new Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th edition. To gain access to the full app with all features, please open the app and select the Catalogue tab to subscribe for 1 month or 1 year. To try a 2-day trial of the full app for free, simply open the app and select ‘Free 2-day trial’ within the Catalogue tab.
With the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th edition app, you can…
Expand your vocabulary and develop more natural sounding English
• Over 86,000 words, 95,000 phrases, 112,000 meanings and 237,000 examples, including 2,000+ NEW words and meanings.
• Access the full A-Z offline to learn on the go wherever you are.
• Usage notes help you produce more natural sounding English, e.g. Is it ‘borrow’ or ‘lend’? The ‘Which word?’ note explains.
• Learn synonyms, collocations (words which go together) and everyday expressions.
• Search for and study phrasal verbs and idioms.
• NEW Learn the Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™, graded by CEFR level.
• NEW Learn OPAL (Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon) academic vocabulary.
• NEW Word of the Day every day, which you can share with your friends.
• Learn lists of related vocabulary with pre-loaded Favourites folders on a range of issues, including the environment, social issues and politics.
• NEW Test your vocabulary with the fun quiz feature.
• Colour illustrations to aid comprehension and enrich your vocabulary.
Get added listening practice and improve your pronunciation
• Listen to real voice audio for words and example sentences, in both British and American accents.
• Practise pronunciation – listen to the real voice audio for words, record yourself and then play it back to compare.
• NEW Listen to English words from other countries around the world recorded by native speakers.
Find exactly what you want quickly and easily
• Full text search – find your word, idiom, phrasal verb, or example sentence anywhere in the dictionary.
• Use Google Voice Search © to look up words by speaking instead of typing.
• Copy text from emails or web pages and find the words easily in OALD with the Look up from clipboard option.
• Search within dictionary entries using the Find on page feature.
• Tap any word in an entry to instantly look it up.
Organise and personalize your favourite entries
• Create lists of your favourite entries, and create folders and subfolders to store them.
• Export your Favourite lists and History list.
This update includes new in-app purchase options, to help learners develop their English language skills even further.
Besides the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, you can also now find:
– Oxford Collocations Dictionary: shows which words work together in English
– Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus: explains the difference between groups of similar words
Try for free, buy one, or get all three. Find out more in the ‘Catalogue’ section in-app.
● Paid Content Unlocked
● Dictionaries Storage Moved to Internal Shared Storage (Modded Version Only)
Carefully Read the Installation Instructions Below
● Compression Flags Untouched
● No Additional Component
● ABI support: armeabi-v7, arm64-v8a, x86
● Size: 64 MB
Unlocked Version Instructions:
● Install, Launch and Download Data From the App
● Data Files Location: /sdcard/OALD/DICTIONARIES/ (“/sdcard” can be shown as “/storage/emulated/0” or “Internal shared storage”)
● Once Installed, Do Not Launch the App: Manually Grant Storage Permission.
● Launch the App, It will Create the Data Folder.
● Then use the InApp Downloader or Close the App before Manually Installing the Files in the Data Folder
This app has no advertisements